With a sample analysis time of just 2 minutes and results needing minimal interpretation, the Ultra2 provides rapid HbA1c analysis for your laboratory.
A capacity of up to 475 patient samples provides ample capacity to all medium & high throughput laboratories.
Together these combine to rapidly diagnose & monitor diabetic HbA1c levels, allowing the laboratory to meet any compliance targets and freeing up patient queues in busy clinic areas.
Free from common interferences
Boronate affinity chromatography is free from common interferences such as common haemoglobin variants, non-glycation modifications and storage-related hemichromes. Boronate affinity chromatography requires no sample pretreatment to remove the labile component, since only stable (ketoamine-linked) GHb is retained by the boronate.
Compared to ion-exchange techniques, affinity separation is also less sensitive to quantitative errors caused by minor fluctuations in reagent pH and ionic strength.
You can learn more about boronate affinity here.
The ultra2– A1c software is especially designed for GHb/HbA1c analysis, controls the four basic system operation functions of sample identification, instrument operation, calculation of results and printing (and storing) complete reports with the availability of reprinting batch summary reports and chromatograms from computer storage.
Small sample volume required: whole blood or packed red blood cells from any type blood tube.
- Automatic sampling and injection system.
- Keyboard entry or barcode scanning of patient sample identification information.
- Computer-controlled unattended operation.
- Individual sample reports with MBG and area of peaks, %GHb, %HbA1c (NGSP), mMol HbA1c / mol Hb (IFCC) and eAG (estimated average glucose).
- Summary report of test results from each batch run.
- Real-time display to monitor system operation.
- Minimum readable division: Area percent = 0.1%.
- Sample capacity: 475 samples per batch using the 215 Liquid Handler.
- Throughput rate: 2 minutes per injection.
- FDA clearance and CE Marked.