- Accurate: Lymphatic filariasis does not always result in clinical symptoms so the most accurate way to diagnosis is using a blood test.
- Simple: The BinaxNOW® Filariasis card test does not require laboratory facilities.
- Convenient: The test uses finger-prick blood taken at any time of the day without regard to nocturnicity of parasite. Traditionally testing was restricted to the hours of 10 pm and 2 am when the parasite appeared in the patient’s blood.
- Flexible: The test detects filarial antigen in whole blood, serum or plasma.
- Rapid: The test yields results in 10 minutes.
The BinaxNOW® Filariasis test is a major part of the Global LF (lymphatic filariasis) elimination program.