The Alere BinaxNOW® Influenza A & B Card simplifies rapid influenza testing, providing accurate differentiation between influenza A and influenza B using minimal steps on one test. Now you can focus on the results and treating the patient, not running the test.
- 1 sample, 2 tests: Can be used alongside Alere BinaxNOW® RSV Card in children under 5, using an NP swab or nasal wash/aspirate.
- Clear: Provides clear results that are easy to read
- Convenient: Can be used with either nasal wash/aspirate, nasopharyngeal swab or nasal swab samples
- Fast: Results available in just 15 minutes
- Easy: Requires minimal hands-on time
- Reliable: Provides accurate results and includes internal controls
- Can be used with many different transport media; Amies, Dulbecco, M4, M4-RT, M5, M6, Saline, Tryptose phosphate, Veal Infusion Broth, Brain Heart Infusion Broth, Hanks BBS, Phosphate buffer solution, Stuart’s and UTM-RT.
- Method: Lateral Flow
- Time to Result: 15 minutes
- Storage: 2 – 30°C
- Shelf Life: 24 months from date of manufacture
- Sensitivity: Flu A 70-89%; Flu B 50-69%
- Specificity: Flu A 90-99%; Flu B 94-100%
- Sample Type: Nasal wash/aspirate, nasal swab, NP swab
- Kit Size: 22 tests
- Kit Contents:
- 22 Test Units
- Transfer pipettes
- Positive control swab (Inactivated Influenza A&B)
- Negative control swab (Inactivated Strep A)
- Elution vials for controls
- Product Insert and Procedure Card
*Data from 2 clinical studies, shown in PI
Alere BinaxNOW® Nasopharyngeal Swab Accessory Pack contains 22 NP swabs and 22 elution solution vials, for use with our Alere BinaxNOW® Influenza A&B Card and Alere BinaxNOW® RSV Card kits.