- Up to three samples can be run simultaneously,
- Just 3.5 µl whole blood required (finger stick or venous EDTA/Heparin),
- Minimal operator intervention – simply add sample & run.
Boronate affinity technology utilises covalent binding of all cis-diols of glucose to hemoglobin using a boronate matrix. This specific binding allows the complete separation of the glycated and non-glycated haemoglobin fractions.
Overall this provides a patient result with:
- No interference from practically all abnormal hemoglobins,
- Consistent performance with no calibration required,
- The security that glycated haemoglobin is measured accurately every time.
In line with the ADA/EASD/IDF Working Group on HbA1c recent guidelines for reporting HbA1c, the Tri-stat is certified to report in the following units:
- IFCC (mMol HbA1c/mol Hb),
- NGSP (% HbA1c).